Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] 1985 Sharki electric roller furler

Steve Leeds

Use a spare sheet -- run it from the line drum on the anchor windlass to the pulley at the bottom of the Genoa foil. Release the foil from the motor drive by moving the little lever on the port side of the furler gearbox to a horizontal or lower position (if there is strain on the furler it will be very hard to move). Keep your body parts away from the furler when you release the lever. Ease the strain on the Genoa by heading into the wind or (better) falling off and blanketing the Genoa with the mainsail. Furl the Genoa using the anchor windlass.

I understand you can use the Genoa winches in the cockpit to furl the sail, guiding the line using the balooner pole blocks on the toerail, but I have never tried that procedure.

Steve Leeds
Yacht MACCABEE
Sharki #121
Circumnavigator's Yacht Service
Fort Lauderdale, Florida

"Roy A. Duddy, Esq." <rduddy.duddylawoffices@...> wrote:
Can anyone tell me the procedure to follow in order to use the roller furler
MANUALLY if power to the unit is ever lost? Thanks,

Roy
Sharki #123, Unwineding

175 Route 101
Bedford, NH 03110