bowthruster

bobparry1947 <bob@...>

Last November, we left the bowthruster UP with the pin in place but,
being new to the setup, we did not relieve the mechanism. This year,
we let the motor down but cannot electrically raise it again. When
the thruster went down, the light and buzzer that indicates this did
not come on. When we try to raise the thruster, the light and buzzer
indicate that it is up, although this is not the case. Also, there
is no latteral movement. It is as though the thruster has decided it
is up and that is that. We have manually raised it and pinned it in
the up position.Last November, we left the bowthruster UP with the
pin in place but, being new to the setup, we did not relieve the
mechanism. This year, we let the motor down but cannot electrically
raise it again. When the thruster went down, the light and buzzer
that indicates this did not come on. When we try to raise the
thruster, the light and buzzer indicate that it is up, although this
is not the case. Also, there is no latteral movement. It is as
though the thruster has decided it is up and that is that.

We are in Tunisia so local help is limited. The thruster is a 1990
model.

Has anybody had a similar problem or knows how to resolve it?

Bob Parry
Nowornot
Supermaramu #33