Re: [Amel] Autoprop

Patrick McAneny

Paul, I have been wondering what a new autoprop cost. I had no idea they were almost six thousand, they must be made of a bronze/gold alloy. A new flexofold  is almost half the price and seemed to outperform the autoprop in all areas other than backing down. They are factory installed on a half dozen major boat manufacturers. You have to wonder what accounts for the price difference. I would be interested to know what you would sell it for, if you like you can email me at sailw32@... ,. Was your prior engine a Volvo TMD 22a ? Thank You, Pat

-----Original Message-----
To: amelyachtowners
Sent: Thu, Jan 23, 2014 2:02 pm
Subject: RE: [Amel] Autoprop

Pat
We have a used autoprop from our Amel for sale that was refurbished one year ago. We had to go to a different size due to an engine change and Yanmar would not warranty same without the change. Went from 75HP to 100HP. Let me know if you are interested. A new one costs $5,800
Paul & Sue
SV NOMAD SM #362
Currently In BVI

To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 06:00:33 -0800
Subject: [Amel] Autoprop

I am considering replacing my fixed prop with a folding or feathering prop. My SM  was built in 1994 # 123 . Can someone tell me the model # of the Autoprop that would be right for my boat. Secondly, does anyone know where I may purchase a used one in good condition. 
                                                                         Thank You,
                                                                              Pat

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.