Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Electric motor mailsail boom

Shann, Mark V <shannmv@...>

Ivar,

I have had a Maramu in Egypt for the last year. Despite tough stories
about Suez Canal crossing, the Red Sea / Gulf of Suez is a very good
place to spend the winter, which in fact is the best time to sail there.
October to April F3 to 6 in general, May to Sept blows much harder F6 to
F8 much of the time.

Good marinas are El Gouna, best place to be, with very nice offshore
islands to visit (northern end of Red Sea, Huragarda), also Wadi Dom,
about 30 Nm south of Suez is quiet and a safe location.

Maramu passage of the Suez Canal about 400 US one way, but marina prices
way below Med. once you are here.

Some agents are good, others not so, contact me if you need more
details.

All the best, Mark Shann
Maramu "Synnefoula"
Email: shannmv@bp.com