Re: [Amel] Greek marinas

Peter Killen

Hi Ian and Judy
We based pure magic in gouvia marina for two years, during the winters, whilst we explored that part of the med including Venice. We hauled each winter and during all our time in Corfu, PM was looked after a man named Bob Sutcliff (of Bob's yachts).  He looked after her incredibly well. He is a first class mechanic apart from many other attributes.

We did leave her also in Croatia for some time one summer, and if you want details of a place and person there let me know

Regards

Peter. Pure Magic. SM433
currently in Antigua

On 8 Feb 2014, at 20:34, Ian & Judy <ianjudyjenkins@...> wrote:

Hi all,     We were planning to cruise Croatia this summer. We avoid marinas, but weddings and aged parents mean that we have to leave Pen Azen in marinas for regular returns to London ( best from Split).Having emailed half a dozen Croatian marinas their responses have been that they are full with charter boats and that  we cannot make reservations ahead of time as they cannot guarantee us a slot.
 That prompts us to look at Corfu or Levkas as a base for summer cruising and possibly for a winter berth.
If anyone has experience of these two marinas ( or any nearby )  it would be good to hear. Also, if anyone has any suggestions of where else we might try in Croatia--they seem very efficient but we are getting the impression that cruising boats are not their first priority.
   Ian  & Judy,   Pen Azen, SM 302, Ragusa, Sicily