Re: [Amel] Greek marinas

Siviero Attilio <attilio.siviero@...>

No, Pozzallo in another place, Marina Ragusa in on the shoreside of the city of Ragusa, South of Sicily.

Attilio & Maria Siviero
Amel Santorin#84 "Sisila"

Il giorno 09/feb/2014, alle ore 21:45, Dimitris Krasopoulos <dkra@...> ha scritto:

What is the exact name of the marina in Ragusa? Pozallo?

Best Regards

Dimitris

Από το iPad μου

9 Φεβ 2014, 8:51 μ.μ., ο/η Ian & Judy <ianjudyjenkins@...> έγραψε:

Dear Herbert, Stephanie,Peter, Gerhard and Dimitris,

 Thank you all for your responses. Very encouraging. Sounds as though we might be stuck for choice in Greece ! We are leaning towards using somewhere in the Ionian as a base and cruising Croatia from there.
 Gerhard,  We can thoroughly recommend Ragusa as a safe place to leave a boat in the water over winter. This is our second winter there. It can blow from the northwest but there is not a hint of surge in the marina-- which I consider one of the most important features. It only opened in 2009 when it had just 8 yachts for the winter. That prompted the owners to put their prices way down--we paid 1200 euros last year and 1400 this year---for 7 months and it now has a lively crowd of yachts--few motorboats. There is a good crowd wintering aboard  , f rom all over northern Europe , the US, Aussies, Kiwis, etc  and always another yottie to keep an eye on your boat. Local yacht services are not sophisticated but that will grow and in any event Malta is only 60 miles away and you can get everything done there. There is hard standing ashore but it is exposed to the weather and seas braking against the seawall will dump a lot of salt on your boat. Also, they were not too keen on owners working on their hulls when ashore.
   Fair winds,
Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Ragusa

To: amelyachtowners@...
From: dkra@...
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 19:57:20 +0200
Subject: RE: [Amel] Greek marinas

Hi to All,

The best marina for live aboard is for sure Lefkas , Cleopatra is no bad if you leave your boat.

Regards

Dimitris

S/Y Alma Libre Too

Amel 54