Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Deck stripes

Mark Erdos

Maria,

Awlgrip has been used by others there are a few postings about how they custom mixed colors to try to match the original. I believe with all the colors offered by Awlgrip there has to be a color that is close enough. The real key will be to ensure all wax is removed prior to painting.

Bill on BeBe turned me on to a special rolling tool that fits in the groove. ( I could not find Bill’s posting)

I plan to undertake this project a little later this year. If I use Awlgrip, I will add an additive to remove the gloss finish: Awlgrip Additive Flattening Agent G3013. I am planning to us a good two part polyurethane with a dulling agent.

Best regards,

Mark

SM2K #275

www.creampuff.us