Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Deck stripes

Mark Erdos

Maria,

Awlgrip has been used by others there are a few postings about how they custom mixed colors to try to match the original. I believe with all the colors offered by Awlgrip there has to be a color that is close enough. The real key will be to ensure all wax is removed prior to painting.

Bill on BeBe turned me on to a special rolling tool that fits in the groove. ( I could not find Bill’s posting)

I plan to undertake this project a little later this year. If I use Awlgrip, I will add an additive to remove the gloss finish: Awlgrip Additive Flattening Agent G3013. I am planning to us a good two part polyurethane with a dulling agent.

Best regards,

Mark

SM2K #275

www.creampuff.us

From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...] On Behalf Of pitugolf@...
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2014 3:14 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Deck stripes

Hello, 

I hope everybody is having a nice winter.

I have decided to do the deck stripes and there is some information about this job but it's not clear for me the paint I should use...

Have someone used the Awlgrip G6001 ? What is your advice? Or what other paint I could use?

Thank you in advance,

Maria Geiger

S.Y. PITU (SM no. 148)

Actually in Leros

Note: to Bill from BeBE:  We decided to go for the arch, solar panels and D40 with RIZA :) thank you.

Pitugolf at hotmail.com

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.