Dessaltor D50 24v motor permenant magnet failure

Graham Boyd

This summer the 24v dc motor on my dessalator D50 failed due to the
permanent magnets becoming detached. Dessalator have "never heard of
this happening before" - has anyone else?? My machine has only 930hrs
and since owning this for only 9 months I have been following the
instructions religiously. The cost of a new motor is around Eu1000
delivered to the UK so understandably I am reluctant to do this until
I am convinced there is not a more deepseated problem that others may
already have experienced. i look forward to your comments

Graham G Boyd
SM 140 Sula