Bent Anchor

jrjrjrouse2000 <judyrouse@...>

We will be purchasing a 2002 SM2 early next year. We recently spent 10
days on this boat getting to know her. While anchored in the BVI one
day, the shank of the anchor bent very noticeably. This was not a
windy day but the water was fairly rough in Road Town harbor; nothing
extraordinary. The holding ground was very sticky mud. We understand
that this is the normal WASI stainless steel anchor that Amel provides
with this model boat.

We are considering having the shank straightened and then adding two
bars of stainless to reinforce the shank.

Has anyone experienced this problem? If so, what was your solution?

Thanks in advance.

Judy Rouse