Re: [Amel] Greek marinas

Maria Geiger

Dear Ian and Judy,

I would suggest to have a look at the Leros Marina (Evros).

We are spending this winter here and the marina is great, super well protected and it has the label STW (Sail the world www.stw.fr ). There are at least 7 Amels boats this winter at the marina.
The island is green and nice and the people really friendly.
If you need more information do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Maria Geiger
S.Y.  PITU

Le 8 févr. 2014 à 21:34, Ian & Judy <ianjudyjenkins@...> a écrit :

Hi all,     We were planning to cruise Croatia this summer. We avoid marinas, but weddings and aged parents mean that we have to leave Pen Azen in marinas for regular returns to London ( best from Split).Hav emailed half a dozen Croatian marinas their responses have been that they are full with charter boats and that  we cannot make reservations ahead of time as they cannot guarantee us a slot.
 That prompts us to look at Corfu or Levkas as a base for summer cruising and possibly for a winter berth.
If anyone has experience of these two marinas ( or any nearby )  it would be good to hear. Also, if anyone has any suggestions of where else we might try in Croatia--they seem very efficient but we are getting the impression that cruising boats are not their first priority.
   Ian  & Judy,   Pen Azen, SM 302, Ragusa, Sicily