Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bent Anchor

Sorry to read about the Wasi. If you have doubts about it , try a Spade. We have never used a Wasi but fitted a stainless Spade from new.It has been put through just about every condition you can encounter in our recent trip through southern Chile and round the Horn and would be the first change of gear on any other boat we ever bought.Can't recommend it highly enough!Ian & Judy Jenkins, Pen Azen, Piriapolis, Uruguay

From: "jrjrjrouse2000" <judyrouse@houston.rr.com>
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bent Anchor
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 21:43:29 -0000

We will be purchasing a 2002 SM2 early next year. We recently spent 10
days on this boat getting to know her. While anchored in the BVI one
day, the shank of the anchor bent very noticeably. This was not a
windy day but the water was fairly rough in Road Town harbor; nothing
extraordinary. The holding ground was very sticky mud. We understand
that this is the normal WASI stainless steel anchor that Amel provides
with this model boat.

We are considering having the shank straightened and then adding two
bars of stainless to reinforce the shank.

Has anyone experienced this problem? If so, what was your solution?

Thanks in advance.

Judy Rouse

Yahoo! Groups Links