Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Tricolor and Anchor light not working...

karkauai

I've had a similar recurrent problem with my tricolor/anchor lite since I bought the boat 5 years ago.  I replaced the old fixture with an LED fixture.  It quit working on the first passage.  I replaced that unit with another one (the company sent me a new one at no charge) which also failed after a month or so.  I switched to another company's LED fixture and ran new wires up the mast which worked for a few months, but it, too, has failed.  I've put a voltage conditioner between the 24 volt panel and the bottom of the mast which keeps the voltage from dropping or spiking. Thank goodness for the nav lights at the bow and stern, since my tricolor hasn't worked but maybe 10% of the time I've owned the boat.  I hope someone else has a solution.
Kent
SM 243
Kristy
Brunswick GA USA 

To: amelyachtowners@...
Sent: Saturday, February 15, 2014 6:37 PM
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Tricolor and Anchor light not working...

During my crossing from Kemah, Texas to Key West, Florida, I noted my Tri-color (nav light) stop working.
I didn't know my anchor light also stop working.

Today, I climb the mast (first time for me) changed it (for one I tried in the Lazarette and was working) and... still not working.
So I wonder if the SM2K had a cable which is known to get disconnected somewhere...

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Brown's Marina, Binini, Bahamas

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.