Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Skype

karkauai

Interesting, Trevor. I didn't know you could connect directly to the internet with an iPOD...guess it's another technology that has made my 5 y/o iPOD obsolete. Great idea!
Kent
SM243
Kristy

On Feb 16, 2014, at 12:05 PM, <seafeverofcuan@...> wrote:

Another tried and tested method of cheap communication

is when you open a Skype account,if you have an iPod get a pair of earphones with a mike as per an apple phone, download Skype to the iPod and when you go ashore and hook up to a wifi connection you will get around 45 minutes good quality phone connection.
The iPod in a little water proof bag has the advantages of less likely to attract attention from thieves, easier to carry and I found it to have better sound quality than my PC.
Trevor
Seafever