Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] RE: Maramu main furler stripped gear

Bob Sarff <bob.sarff@...>

I also was not able to find it on or around August 12-13.

It is the bronze gear at the bottom of the main sail furling tube that connects with the shaft coming from the motor.  This is not for the boom out haul but rather for the mast furler.  I haven't figured out yet what caused the teeth to strip out but hopefully it's not a bearing on the top of the mast.

If anyone has had this prpblem, please let me know what you did to solve it.

Thanks, Bob
SV Chara

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 6:47 AM, <sangaris@...> wrote:

Trevor,

I didn't find anything on this subject from Aug 12 or 13 of last year.  Do you have a message number by chance or another way to find it?
Bob,
Is it the reduction gear with which you are having trouble - if so, check message 12899.
Regards,
Craig - Sangaris SN#68