Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Have possibility to order several spare SM furling motors from Emerson - seeking other interested owners

Mark Erdos

I have to agree with Bob and Ann,

There is not much that can go wrong with an electric motor that can’t be fixed. We had our furling motor repaired. We thought it was burned out completely. We abused it badly when we first owned the boat (you don’t want to know). We have since learned to respect it. Electric motor repair shops are everywhere. The repair for ours was about $200. Works perfectly! The fact we have an manual back up confirms for me,  if I’m going to spend $750 on a spare part, it should be something I just can’t live without.

Best regards,

Mark

SM2K #275

www.creampuff.us

Date: Monday, February 24, 2014, 2:55 PM

Alexandre,
This is the motor for the outhaul and in-mast
furler on the mainsail. My understanding is that they are
the same on an SM and
SM2K.RegardsScott and

DianeSV Ati SM202