Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] RE: Turkish marina, Santorin SSB grounding and Santorin holding tank

Herbert Lackner

Thanks Eugene, Joe and Ian for your Support,

I contacted Henderson, they can deliver the “custom made” tank as installed in Ocean Hobo.  And I contacted Tek-Tanks, they have a standard product that I think would work as well, it is higher and has to be mounted on the bulkhead and the towel rail has to be removed but is maybe better from design (and just half the price). What do you think about it, is it possible to mount it there, any comments?

http://tektankslimited.com/60-litre-vertical-waste-tank-2099-p.asp

This group is a great help !

fair winds

Herbert

Kali Mera, SN#120, Sukosan

Von: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...] Im Auftrag von Eugene Gilligan
Gesendet: Montag, 24. Februar 2014 18:08
An: amelyachtowners@...
Betreff: Re: AW: [Amel Yacht Owners] RE: Turkish marina, Santorin SSB grounding and Santorin holding tank

Hi Joe,

The makers were Henderson Plastics Ltd, Norfolk, UK and 

they will send the products by courier to any address on 

mainland Europe. They will have the original drawing specs.

regards, 

Eugene

To: amelyachtowners@...
Sent: Monday, 24 February 2014, 15:14
Subject: RE: AW: [Amel Yacht Owners] RE: Turkish marina, Santorin SSB grounding and Santorin holding tank

Hi Herbert

I think the company we used was tech- tank in the Uk, to custom build the tanks. It was made of a heavy duty plastic with walls approx 1 cm in width and yes, we did vent the tank through the deck structure on the side. In the aft head  beside the port hole. .  We provided them with the plans and they posted the finished product to Ireland, along with all of the tank fittings attached. If I was doing it again, I would consider placing the vent on the outside hull just under the toe rail, with an anti-siphon loop and a one way valve built in after the charcoal filter.  The design of the tanks with their  built in low point, are very good, they have not caused any major problems, but it the same with any holding tank system, you really have to keep an eye on what goes into it, they fill up fast enough. and willl block if your not careful. If you have the time I belive it would be  possible to go with standard of the shelf tanks and source the fittings yourself. 

Regards Joe 

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.