Stern bumper

Willem J. Kroes <willem.j.kroes@...>

Has anyone also had a bad experience with a relatively new stern
bumper?

I bought from the Amel yard in april 2004 a new bumper and within a
few months the cover material showed some scars and this summer the
cover material started peeling off.
I contacted Amel on this issue and they offered me a new one for half
the price. Because I think that the problem is the bad quality of the
cover material - which is definately not the same material as used on
the original bumper that lasted for more than 10 year - I hesitate to
accept this offer (which in fact I judge not to be generous at all,
if the problem is a an inferior product that was sold).
This summer I met an other Amel Santorin in Sardinia with a
relatively new bumper that also shows cover material peeling off. So
my question is are there more owners of Amel boats with recent
bumpers showing peeling off of the cover material?

Willem J. Kroes

Amel Santorin "Kavanga"

Arbatax, Sardinia