Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Noisy outhaul drive on main boom

eric freedman

Graham,

I removed the shaft by placing a long steel bolt in the threaded hole in the
bottom of the shaft and driving it up with a heavy sledge hammer. A regular
hammer or mallet will not work. The shaft came loose and I sanded the rust
off of it and replaced it with a thick film of white lube.

Fair winds,

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu 376

_____