Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Noisy outhaul drive on main boom

rbenven44 <no_reply@...>

--- In amelyachtowners@..., eric <kimberlite@o...> wrote:
Graham,

I removed the shaft by placing a long steel bolt in the threaded
hole in the
bottom of the shaft and driving it up with a heavy sledge hammer. A
regular
hammer or mallet will not work. The shaft came loose and I sanded
the rust
off of it and replaced it with a thick film of white lube.

Fair winds,

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu 376

Hi Eric,
When you hit the bolt with the sledge hammer, which shaft came
loose? the one holding the Andersen winch? It sounds as if instead
of dropping the gearbox, you raised the winch. Is this right? I'm
about to try it, and would appreciate as much detail as you can
provide. Thanks to you and Graham for your input!!

Roy, Excalibur SM #195

_____