Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bimini Frame

Pat, will do, may not be till last week of April or so. Ian

To: amelyachtowners@...
From: sailw32@...
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 07:21:12 -0400
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bimini Frame

Ian, When you can, could you post a few pics of your bimini . It would be of interest to me and anyone else that may be considering a redesign of their top. Thanks , Pat SM #123

From: sailw32@...
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 11:18:02 -0400

John, Are there photos where I might see what Ian or what you did. I am planning to modify my frame this spring and am looking for designs. Thanks, Pat

From: annejohnholl@...
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 12:44:56 +0100

Dear Eric,
I recall that many years ago Ian and Judy on Penazen posted pics and details of what seemed to me to be excellent improvements to the Canvas dodger. They had made them to increase the headroom as he is over six feet tall and to make it possible to sit on the front of the aft cabintop and still see forward. When we met he told me that they had lengthened the forward frame by 10cms and the other two by 15cms.
This made the front section vertical and this was almost entirely clear plastic so that they could see the horizon and also the trim of the genny . I do not recall whether they had put a small window in the canvas so that they could see the trim of the main. I think that the dodger was longer so that it could be secured to the mizzen shrouds. I am pretty sure that it could still be folded forward when necessary.

                               Best wishes,    Anne and John