Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] ais antenna

Mark Erdos

Pat,

I installed the AIS on Cream Puff and used a SIMRAD NSPL-400 AIS Splitter. I have used it for two years with no notable performance affects on the VHF or the AIS. This was a more cost effective alternative than installing a second antenna. The VHF has the priority so the splitter will cease to transmit when the VHF is transmitting. Also, my thought process was if the splitter did interfere with the operation of the VHF, I could always add the second antenna later and sell the splitter on eBay. But, since I am happy with it, I will keep it.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Mark

SM2K #275