Prop Shaft Electrolysis

karkauai

I have just hauled Kristy out to repaint the bottom after 2 1/2 years.  She's been sitting in the water in a marina at Brunswick GA for the last 2 years where I've hired a diver to clean the bottom and replace the zincs as needed every 4-6 weeks.  I was surprised to see no zinc on the prop when we hauled out, and dismayed to see severe electrolytic corrosion of the prop shaft when I started changing the seals. I posted a pic at the KristySM243 folder https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/amelyachtowners/photos/albums/948071197/lightbox/1877878820
I need advice on what is involved in removing the prop shaft.  Is it necessary to remove the bottom of the drive aft of the keel?
I guess I'm going to look into isolating the boat electrically.
Sigh,
Kent
SM243
Currently Tiger Point Marina, Fernandina Beach, FL