Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Rusted Ball of Chain in the Chain Locker

hanspeter baettig

Hi Kent
buy a new one, safety first
best regards
Hanspeter
Tamango 2 , SM #16
Krusadasi, Turkey
(actual with out twitter and youtube, mr erdogan, Prminister of Tukey is a littel bit angry :-)
I think to leave Turkey, Greek is only a few miles away

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 28.03.2014 um 20:03 schrieb <karkauai@...>:

I've also discovered that the last 100ft or so of my anchor chain is rusted into a huge solid mass in the chain locker.  I've sprayed a ton of PB Blaster on it and beat it with a hammer without much success.  Right now I'm soaking it in Vinegar.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Kent
SM 243 Kristy
Currently Tiger Point Marina Fernandina Beach, FL