Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Prop Shaft Electrolysis

sailormon <kimberlite@...>

Wow !!

That looks awful.

I use a galvanic isolator on my AC circuit and also have the pedestal turned on only one day a week. So far in 3 months in the marina in the Caribbean I have used one kilowatt of electric.

There is a small zinc on the line cutter, and of course the 2 big ones on the rudder.

I am very sorry for the condition of your prop shaft. I believe there should be a drawing of your c drive in the owners manual . I believe replacing the shaft is a big project. It is also possible that a neighbor is putting AC into the water.

Did you have the marina check your AC outlet on the pedestal and the water around your boat?

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite SM 376