Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Rusted Ball of Chain in the Chain Locker

karkauai

You mean keep it off of the hull?  Afraid there's no way to do that.
The battery compartment is fiberglass, too.  It's exposed to battery acid without problems.
Not sure what to think about that.
Thanks again, all ideas are appreciated.
Surely we have a chemist on the group???
Kent

On Mar 28, 2014, at 8:25 PM, sailormon <kimberlite@...> wrote:

Dilute hydrochloric acid works on rust if you can somehow isolate the liquid from the boat.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite SM 376