Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Rusted Ball of Chain in the Chain Locker

Stephen Davis

Sorry I'm going to miss you, but starting next Saturday, I'll be out of town working until the day before I leave for Guatemala on the 13th. Best of luck sorting out your boat issues, and hope we get to meet up as we pass through the Keys on our way back.
Steve

On Mar 29, 2014, at 12:00, Kent Robertson <karkauai@...> wrote:

Steve, that's a great offer. Unfortunately I'll be working until Friday afternoon, then down for the weekend again.  My quick haul and paint has turned into a protracted and complicated stay.  If you are free next weekend I'd love the company.
Thanks again for your generous offer.
Kent

On Mar 29, 2014, at 6:44 AM, <flyboyscd@...> wrote:

Hi Kent,

I'm the new owner of Leonora of Sark (now renamed to Aloha) which is currently in Rio Dulce, and we will be bringing her to Brunswick in May. I'm not heading to Rio Dulce until mid April, and live in Palm Coast which is not far from Fernandia Beach. I'm out of town this weekend, but have several days available next week if you would like to meet at the yard, and I'll try and help you with getting your chain out of the locker.  I've been following the thread, and I think the muriatic acid may be the best solution. If you can get it out in one piece, there is a place in Jacksonville that can re-galvanize it. I wish I could offer some advice on the shaft, but that is way over my head as a new Amel owner.

The only days I'm not available next week are Monday and Thursday. Let me know if you are interested.

Regards,
Steve Davis
S/V Aloha SM072

510-908-1835