Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Digest Number 3386

karkauai

Thanks Trevor, Hadn't thought of the hot metal being a problem.  I'm looking at small grinders and "chippers" or electric or pneumatic chisels right now.  I'll let you all know what I come up with when I find something that works.
Kent

From: "seafeverofcuan@..."
To: amelyachtowners@...
Sent: Sunday, March 30, 2014 2:13 PM
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Digest Number 3386

Hi Kent ,
            Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble, either of those problems could lie in wait for any of us.
Thinking about your back, if you can rent a small battery powered 4 inch grinder tape it to a short pole or piece of wood then it should be easier to get inside the locker.
Better to stuff any old material that will not ignite in there as well to absorb the hot pieces of metal as they will stick on to your gel coat.
Good luck.
Trevor
Seafever
Ireland