Re: Outhaul

minaxi53 <no_reply@...>

Thanks to all for thoughts on outhaul problem. Ian, as always you
seem to cook up an alternative to the norm, I will try that, thanx
Bob-

-- In amelyachtowners@..., ocean53@s... wrote:
Hi All,

a simple fix for a slipping outhaul rope that I have found works
well is to
paint the rope with a coat of contact adhesive. Only the part that
runs around
the capstan needs to be painted of course. Since doing this, I
have never had
the rope slip.

Just back in the UK for a few days to go and see the Amel 54 after
a Black Sea
crusie to Bulgaria & Romania.

Regards

Ian Shepherd 'Crusader' SM 414