Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] hot water pressure valve leaking and solar hot water

john martin <symoondog@...>

The pressure valve is easy to replace, but not necessary all the time. Try opening it up and popping it off a few times. That usually does the trick. John "Moon Dog"

To: amelyachtowners@...
From: ericmeury@...
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2014 21:49:20 -0700
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] hot water pressure valve leaking and solar hot water

After DE-winterizing our santorin i discovered that the pressure valve is leaking each time the hot water tank is fill by the fresh water pump.

The heating element is not hooked up so do i need to bleed the system? ..  the tank looks like it is fairly old so i'm not opposed to replacing it.

If i do that I am considering installing a solar panel (heliatos) for heating up the water when i'm not using the engine or 110.  Any recommendations on new tank if that is what is needed.