Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Solar panels for Amel Super Maramu 53

karkauai

This question isn't for me, and I don't have solar or wind power...yet.  I can tell you that with all three fridge/freezers going, lights, nav equipment, and autopilot going full time, I run my genset twice a day for 1 1/2 to 2 hrs.  I run the washer during thosetime and it doesn't increase the run time.

On Apr 9, 2014, at 6:01 PM, <andrewbarron0484@...> wrote:

Bill,
I am new to this forum, so forgive me if I am asking something that has already been asked here...
I am 53 years old, have sailed my entire life, although I have been without a boat these last 10 years! In two years I will be purchasing a new boat to retire to, and have chosen the Amel SM 2000. I can't wait! My question for you is about power consumption and your 3x140W solar panels. Do you find they are doing the job? The SM Manuel recommends turning the generator on for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, 3 times each day. This seams a lot to me, but then the Amel SM has a lot of systems. What would be your actual experience?

Thank you,
Andrew Barron
Vancouver, BC Canada