Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] NMEA 183 Connection

rjct2002

You can't just connect two differing NMEA streams together nad hope that the receiving instrument will correctly interpret them. You need to connect them to an NMEA multiplexer first.

From: "hns154es" <hns154es@...>
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] NMEA 183 Connection
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 02:03:29 -0000

Hello to all

Maybe somebody can help us. We've connected the NMEA 183 "out" from the
Garmin GPS to the Autopilot ST 7000 "in". This works fine. Now, we also
would like to connect the NMEA 183 "out" from B&G Hydra2 to the
Autopilot "in". It seams not to be as easy. Has someone done this
already? We'd appreciate if you could give us the correct advice to do
that. It is easy on the autopilot side. The big question is the B&G
Hydra2 side.

Thanks for helping us and
best regards

Hanspeter & Nathalie Wehrli