Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Grounding Strap Status - Super Maramu 2000 #350

Mark Erdos

Francisco and Odette,

I did exactly what Bill describes below. Thanks to his measurement and instructions, I was able to prefabricate the replacement copper and then install later. The installation will only take a couple of hours. You will find the existing copper is attached at the keel bolt, about half way up with a screw that is inconveniently located just out of arms reach and a screw at the top.

In addition, I also trimmed and replaced the lugs on the ground wires attached to the copper. I did this to ensure a nice tight fit onto the new bolts I installed in the replacement copper. I also added heat shrink tubing to waterproof the lugs.

Thanks to Bill’s previous posting on this topic, I was able to detect that the grounding strap was breaking before it was completely in two parts.

Best regards,

Mark

SM2K #275

www.creampuff.us