Maramou, freshwater under fwd head

Mike Gough <mahili_au@...>

G,day all,

We own Maramou # 147, and I wish to warn owners who may face this problem: after heavy rain we find fresh water in the hold under the fwd head. (Still unable find where it leaks in). The consequence of this leak can be disasterous. I found fresh water to have caused dry rot to form at the base of the compression post and centre bulkhead. It was a huge job to cut out affected areas and replace! If anyone has an idea of where to look for the leak I would be appreciative.

Regards,
MIke Gough

Yahoo! for Good