Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] A54 Main Sail Furling Motor

lior 555 <lior246@...>

Hi Craig

I also searched  where I can get this motor.
You can get the motor from Amel. It costs about 750 €. It is only possible to order 10 motors from Emerson but you will have to wait many weeks an it will cost about 550 €/motor. I did not find any other supplier.

Lior
Amel 54 #18 SHARONA

The electromagnetic brake on the Main Sail Furling Motor on my Amel 54 has failed.  Water accumulated in the housing and the brake no longer engages with 24VDC.  Amel has told me the motor is obsolete and Emerson Electric has confirmed the same and says not parts are available.  Has anyone sourced a replacement brake assembly?
Craig Scott
Lone Star
A54 #101
currently in Myrtle Beach, SC