Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Engine and Service Battery circuits Isolated

karkauai

Hi Danny.  Great info.  Just gotta find an electrician who understands our system.

On Apr 24, 2014, at 5:32 PM, Danny and Yvonne SIMMS <simms@...> wrote:

Hi all,
It is possible to have your boat checked to see the level of protection provided by the zincs. I had Ocean Pearl done at the end of last year and got a definitive answer as to the protection provided by my zincs. The test was done by dropping a probe into the sea over the side and attaching a contact to various parts of the systems aboard and reading the current. I got answers as to whether I was over or under- zinced and as to efficacy of the bonding throughout the boat. The bonding was effective and my zinc protection was on the upper end of acceptable. I had a prop zinc on as well as the rudder. I was advised the prop zinc was not needed but was doing no harm.
Regards
Danny
SM 299 Ocean Pearl
Mangonui
New Zealand

To: amelyachtowners@...
Sent: Friday, 25 April 2014 1:56 AM
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Engine and Service Battery circuits Isolated

So we take our boat out next week to clean and change the anodes - ours has the red plastic cap - I was convinced by recent discussions that I should fit it with a propeller anode. Now I am not so sure!?

Andrew & Kate
Ronpische
SM 472
Canet-en-Roussillon

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.