Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] rudder

john martin <symoondog@...>

Kent, make sure the hole in the bottom of the rudder is open. Mine was a little stopped up when I came out of the water recently. It has to pee.!!!!  John "Moon Dog" sm 248

To: amelyachtowners@...
From: karkauai@...
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 15:54:40 -0400
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Prop shaft electrolysis

Thanks for chiming in Mark. I hadn't thought of that, but you're right.  I hate to do anything to the rudder since it's always been so dry, but it's never been looked at.  Might as well while she's on the hard.
Thanks again.
Kent (you can call me Rusty)
SM243
Kristy

On Apr 2, 2014, at 12:10 PM, Mark Hanna <hannamj@...> wrote:

I have been following this thread and have not heard anyone suggest that you should probably drop the rudder and inspect the rudder shaft and skeg hinges for electrolysis damage.
Best Wishes,
Mark Hanna
Sharki NO. 49
S/V MARGUERITE