Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Interior Finish and brass lamp refreshing SM

Mark Erdos

The finish on the wood is a clear semi-gloss Polyurethane. This product works very well and dries to a very close match. It is available in a spray cans giving an even no brush mark finish. It is fast drying. Multiple thin coats are better than one thick coat. Very lightly wet sand between coats:

Manufacturer    Minwax

Color     Clear – Semi-gloss

UPC       027426330559

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Minwax-11-5-oz-Semi-Gloss-Fast-Drying-Polyurethane-Aerosol-Spray-33055/100376263?cm_sp=BazVoice-_-RLP-_-100376263-_-x

Brass lamps are usually covered using a spray lacquer at the manufacture. It is hard to recoat and get the same quality finish. On my previous boat once the lacquer wore off, I would polish lamps every couple of months to keep up the brass. If you do to wish to polish, you can use a spay lacquer. All the polish, wax and well ~ just about everything must be removed from the lamp and taken down to the bare brass before refinishing. Or, you can just live with the “antique” look.

Best regards,

Mark

SM2K #275

www.creampuff.us