Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Insurance - single handed

Roque

As I posted somewhere else, I have been using Assurances Maritimes de Lassée.  Will renew for the fourth time  and I did have a claim last year!

I was surprised how easy it was. I may add that it was a small claim (<3.000 euros),  just to fix the electric gangway.

 I had almost nothing to prove the problem since it occurredd while I was at home, an Ocean apart.  Mr de Lassée   made the right questions, assumed his client (me) was not a lier, and arranged payment.  I was impressed.

Of course I was completly honest about what had happen and it worked.

I take this opportunity to thank Bill (BeBe), whose info led me to chose these guys.

You should give them a try.

 Geoffroy de LASSÉE

ASSURANCES MARITIMES de LASSÉE

gdelassee@assurances-delassee.com

 www.assurances-delassee.com

Tel : +33 5 46 45 46 45

Or use Bill's contact (Fraçoise). As good as him.

Feel free to use my name with either one, if you feel like.

Rgds

Roque
Atica Amel 54

My experience with Pantaenius  was this:
I sailed from the Caribbean to the Med and arrived 4 weeks after my Caribbean contract run out. I had to stay another 11 month inside the Med with a Caribbean contract which in my case was 3000.-€
more expensive. I never had a claim.
Also Pantaenius did not insure my boat proper in the hurricane season:
North of 10"N I would have only been insured not at anchor, not in a harbor and not on a mooring.
In case of a named tropical storm my only options would have been sailing. Thanks but no thanks.
Now I will go with Bavaria Yacht Insurance where I'll pay 500€ less and my deduction is only 1000.-€ instead of 4000.-€ with Pantaenius... It does not mean they are better or worse. It's still an insurance company.....
This is all said about Pantaenius Germany, which is probably different from the US.
In my case the only good customer service I received was taking my money...
All the best and fair winds
Rainer Huthmacher
SM#69 Yin Yang

On 07.05.2014, at 21:54, Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

I disagree with the Pantaenius statement below.

I have been with Pantaenius and maintain Cream Puff inside the hurricane zone. Florida can be a very difficult place to obtain good boat insurance at a reasonable price and Pantaenius meets the mark. They are priced in the market at slightly above average, the customer service is exceptional and they offer fixed value coverage (no depreciation factor as a vessel ages) all around the globe.

Unless someone has a factual claim to support a negative review on a company, please refrain from broad trash statements.

Best regards,

Mark

SM2K #275

www.creampuff.us