Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] New Recmndd Autohelm

Ben "Santorin LO"

Thanks to All for the useful info, however, after opening the computer unit 3 times I observed that so many of the parts were already replaced, and every time when fixing something and put back, different problems appears. So the problem is definitely in the computer, and feel a bit uncomfortable to get second hand one which will have same potential issues.

Regards

On Wednesday, May 14, 2014 8:04 AM, "'Jacques Paulus' jacquesetannick.paulus@... [amelyachtowners]"

Hi, On my Santorin, I just replaced the drive unit of the autopilot (the motor actionning the steering wheel) by a Raymarine type 2 (12 V : M81136 ). It’s a rotative driving unit, not a linear one.
The size of the motor had been given by Raymarine on basis of the specifications of the dead unit. It’s the unit calibrated for a max 20T displacement. The smaller one, for up to 10T is too small according to Raymarine and Pochon, the installer of the autopilots on the Amel boats.

Hope this helps

Jacques

Jacques et Annick Paulus

rue de Saint-Ghislain 15 B207                              Bateau Paranos
1348 Louvain-la-Neuve                                          Capitainerie de Saint-Mandrier
Mobile Jacques: +32 495 20 10 54                      2, quai Séverine
Mobile Annick: +32 498 52 78 31                        83430 Saint-Mandrier
Mobile France: +33 6 27 86 66 14                       France
Mail: jacquespaulus@...
           jacquesetannick.paulus@...

De : amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Envoyé : mardi 13 mai 2014 19:05
À : amelyachtowners@...
Objet : [Amel Yacht Owners] New Recmndd Autohelm

Hi All, the ST7000 did its best but seems like at the age of 22 needs to retire. What will be the recommended new one for Santorin? ev 200 (medium size boats) or ev 400 (Large size) Raymarine? Any other tip or recommendation? also taking the opportunity to ask - does anyone has the weight from travel lift? as on the web when search for Santorin weight I find anything between 11 tones to 25 tones...

Ce courrier électronique ne contient aucun virus ou logiciel malveillant parce que la protection Antivirus avast! est active.

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.