Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Leece-Neville 175 amp alternator and smart regulator modification

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Yes, I also bought a spare, but bought mine on eBay...brand new, but no pulley. It was so cheap, I could not refuse it. It was being sold by someone that did not know what he had...sometimes that happens on eBay.

Thanks for the note on the bushing...did not know that...my new spare is sitting in a closet in Houston.

Bill
BeBe 387

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 6:31 AM, sailormon kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I purchased a rebuilt lycee Neville from my alternator guy for about $250- he even threw in and installed the correct pulley.

It looks exactly like a new one.

The other thing to check on your spare if you buy one is that the busing at the bottom of the alternator needs to be drilled out to accept the big bolts.

Drill press work.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite SM 376