Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Fuel Dip Stick

Ann-Sofie Svanberg <kanalmamman@...>

Ours broke as well, we drilled a small hole in each part, and tided them together edge to edge. A little bit wobbly, but it does the job.

Ann-Sofie
S/Y Lady Annila
At Carriacou, Grenada

Skickat från min iPad

24 maj 2014 kl. 21:34 skrev "Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...>:

Hi Eric,
It would be an easy project requiring a drill and something to etch the numbers with.  Seems to me any plastic that isn't dissolved in diesel fuel would work. Since you have both pieces now I'd use that as a pattern...if your repair job fails you'll lose half of your pattern down into the tank.
Kent
SM243
Kristy

On May 24, 2014, at 9:00 PM, "Mark Erdos mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Eric,

I think I would fix it with epoxy putty and wrap a blob around it. JB Weld would work.

Mark
SM2K#275

On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 6:34 PM, ericmeury@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

or does anybody...(i know long stretch) know what type of plastic it is,  maybe i can weld it back together with additional plastic supports using the same plastic