Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Diode in Starter shutoff circuit - Super Maramu

Veit Mueller <veitm@...>

Thank you all.
I replaced the diode with one of the others and it shuts of fine.
So - ordered some diodes from Holland....
Cheers,
Veit
Atman SM215

Sent from my vm iPad

On Jun 1, 2014, at 7:48 AM, "Bob Parry ra.parry2@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

We had the same problem. We replaced the diode but that did not fix it. It turned out to be corrosion of the connection in the Perkins instrument panel in the cockpit.
Bob and Ann Parry
SM #33 "Nowornot"
Brisbane

On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 12:47 AM, veitm@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello All:

Engine does not shut of via key-switch. Traced this to a diode which is Pektron 14 24 394 - I got 3 of those in various circuits of the switch.

Have been trying to find a place to purchase this part (East Coast US) - ale no luck.

Anybody know where to go please?

Thank you,

Veit

Atman - SM 215 - Herrington Harbor MD