Danny
SM299
Ocean Pearl

On 2/06/2014, at 7:37 pm, "Graham Johnston grahamjohnston42@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Danny,
This may be whaty you are looking for it allows overlaying of Google images on OpenCPN. I have yet to try but it was demonstrated to me by a Frenchman last year and it looked really useful.

Instructions for use.

Download link.
GE2KAP.V11.0.0.0 - New March. 19, 2014 Creates charts from GE and chart images. Can overlay opencpn chart and chart images. Fixes multi polygon problem.

Regards
Graham
Sharki 181 Zephyr

From: "Danny and Yvonne SIMMS simms@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...>
To: amel owners <amelyachtowners@...>
Sent: Saturday, 31 May 2014, 11:29
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] open CPN

Hi all,
last year a friendly cruiser gave us the open CPN chart system for our lap top. They included the Google feature but just for the Fiji area. It gives photographic images showing reefs etc. Combined with a gps aerial it is the ultimate for navigating around coral reefs and difficult entrances. Problem being we have lost touch with them and would like to download the Google feature for other areas. Can anyone advise how this can be accessed.
  Regards
Danny
SM 299 Ocean Pearl