From: "Yvonne simms@... [amelyachtowners]"
To: "amelyachtowners@..."
Sent: Monday, 2 June 2014, 10:45
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] open CPN

Thanks Graham, this looks promising. The Fiji Google charts I have are accessed from the chart bars at the bottom of the screen. once accessed they are not an overlay, rather they stand alone giving a birds eye view photographic image onto which the boats position is shown via a GPS for  the lap top. as you may imagine this is vey useful. I spoke to one user who said in corall areas he picked sand spots to drop his anchor on.
Thanks for the link
Danny
SM299
Ocean Pearl

On 2/06/2014, at 7:37 pm, "Graham Johnston grahamjohnston42@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Danny,
This may be whaty you are looking for it allows overlaying of Google images on OpenCPN. I have yet to try but it was demonstrated to me by a Frenchman last year and it looked really useful.

Instructions for use.

Download link.
GE2KAP.V11.0.0.0 - New March. 19, 2014 Creates charts from GE and chart images. Can overlay opencpn chart and chart images. Fixes multi polygon problem.

Regards
Graham
Sharki 181 Zephyr