Re: Engine Motor Mounts

karkauai

Very interesting, Eric.  I read that, too, and assumed that they must be additive...ie 4 mounts would handle 4 x 25-35HP = 100-140HP.  I just talked to the Vetus people in Hanover Maryland, and he said "No, they are not additive, they are designed for 25-35 HP engines.

I don't know if the stresses are different with these vibration mounts underneath the angle irons rather than directly under the engine, but now I'm not sure what to use.  That's a large difference between the HP of our engines and what these mounts are designed to handle.

I have sent Maud an email to see what Amel has to say about this...Joel, any thoughts?

I'll let you know what I find out.
Kent
SM243
Kristy