Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Full cover and HF Radio

hi John, As a matter of interest why did you replace your bimini? And did the replacement fit ok? I think our SMs are about the same age ( June 2000). We replaced our side windows a year ago and are wondering how much longer our bimini will last. It looks fairly worn now but is still wind and weather proof .we leave it in place all the time. It recently survived Uruguays biggest blow since 1944.. a day long storm which peaked at 197 kph.I agree with you about Amels replacement price which I thought quite reasonable but we are in the wrong part of the world.
Has anyone else any experience as to how long the bimini might last?
Ian and Judy Jenkins, Pen Azen, Piriapolis.

From: "John and Anne on Bali Hai" <hollamby@compuserve.com>
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Full cover and HF Radio
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 15:27:46 -0000

Hi there,
For what it is worth I bought a new bimini and side curtains from Amel
fot substantially less than the price I was quoted in Malta. This may
be because a local supplier has to make templates etc and probably
alter the finished product if they get it wrong. Amel sent the covers
overland to my UK address cheaply and very quickly.
On the radio question enter HF Radio and Ham Radio in the search box
at the bottom of this page to see previous comments.
Note that since first using the search facility I realise that ifyour
message is on two points they should both be included in the subject
space above to facilitate a search in the future.

Regards, John

Yahoo! Groups Links