Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Batteries overheating and charger or alternator over charging

Mark Erdos

Derick,

The low pass filter is connected to the Antenna Out at the SSB and the antenna cable leading to the antenna turner is connected to the low pass filter. You will need to make a short piece of antenna cable for the connection.

The wi-fi antenna is located on the bar between the backstays. There is a connection inside the lazerette and the PoE box is at the nav station with the computer. The SSB antenna cable runs behind the new wood panels I installed.

The computer is installed as so: http://www.creampuff.us/2013/11/geeky-stuff-part-two/

Best regards,

Mark

SM2K #275

www.creampuff.us

Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2014 2:03 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Batteries overheating and charger or alternator over charging

Mark,

Sounds like good advice.  I see the Low Pass Filter on-line.  Just to be clear, you install the Low Pass Filter on the IslandTime WiFi antenna, not on the SSB antenna, correct?  Where in the sequnce of Router to 5-foot cable to POE to 75-foot cable to Powered Antenna did you insert the Low Pass Filter?  I am not much of an electronics person.

regards,

Derick

SM2K #400  Brava

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.