Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bow thruster up and down sensors

karkauai

Hi John,
Can't help you with your thruster, but wanted to say Hi to you and Sunny from Dawn and I.
Hoping to get back out there this Fall...where are you guys now?
Kent
SM243
Kristy
On the hard in Fernandina Beach FL

On Jun 17, 2014, at 6:32 PM, johnabo2003 <no_reply@...> wrote:

I had the bow thruster on my SM2000 fail while docking today. After investigating I found that both of the sensors that detect that the bow thruster has reached its fully up and fully down position were no longer attached to the vertical tube that they are located on.

The sensors should be held tightly against the tube holding the piston with some strange looking jubilee clips that have a special plastic receptor for the sensor incorporated into them. Both of these jubilee clips had rusted through and separated.

Has anybody replaced these clips. I am sure I can make a temporary repair but I would like to know if anybody knows a supplier where these clips can be purchased.

Thanks

John Abercrombie

SM 2000 #391