Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] model identification

Judy Rouse <judyrouse@...>

The Maramu was 48-ft and was based on the previous 48-ft model called
Santorin.

The Super Maramu model was originally described as 52-ft and was based on
the previous 52-ft model called Mango. Then there was the Super Maramu 2000
(also called Millenium model or SM2) which is 53-ft.

The boat should have either Maramu or Super Maramu actually identified on
the boat. Every Amel that I have seen has been has this written
identification somewhere on it. Find the plate showing the hull number. It
should also identify the model name. In the interior of our boat, there is
a metal plate reading "Chantiers Amel, La Rochelle, France, SUPER MARAMU No.
387." Also, on the outside of the hull near the stern just below the toe
rail, our boat is clearly identified as a Super Maramu 2000.

Don't know if that helps you any.

You could contact Joel Potter; he would know. His email is
jfpottercys@...

Best,

Judy