Forestay Grease

bamboozle388

Hi,

Does anyone know why Amel greases the forestay inside the foil?  Is it just to help slide the forestay into the foil or does it perform another function.

Captain A normally had a very good reason for doing things and I was wondering what purpose it serves and whether & why I should do the same again while replacing the standing rigging.

I have done my best to search the archives and have found messages about it being there but not why Amel do it this way when most other manufacturers and rigging suppliers do not seem to bother.

Jamie Telfer

S/Y Bamboozle SM2000 #388